Axe-Fx II Mark I | Axe-Fx II Mark II | Axe-Fx II XL | Axe-Fx II XL+
Importing Block files into FAS Gear and Saving Presets as Block files to share among Devices (Axe-Fx II, AX8, FX8)
The Edit software from Fractal Audio makes it easy to import individual Block files from other users’ Fractal Audio products with a simple drag and drop. If you additionally want to store any Block and its settings for later recall using the Edit software, there is a...
I was working on things for a client today, and I needed to test the 4 Cable Method. I don’t have an amp, so I put the Axe in the loop of the AX8 – the AX8 is the “real amp” in this example. Though I was just trying to simulate the real amp,...
FAS just released Quantum Firmware 1.02, which is full of Bug Fixes as well as new Amps, Factory Cabs, Delays and a new Drive type! If you’re already on Quantum Firmware, definitely install this one for some awesome new choices in tone. New Amps There are 5 new...
Quantum Firmware 1.01 brought us “Reduced CPU Usage” compared to previous firmware. Below you will find a spreadsheet that compares QFW 1.01 with the previous QFW 1.00, showing the CPU differences of every Block and Type within the block. In many cases,...
FAS just released Quantum Firmware 1.01, our first update since the brand new Quantum Firmware 1.00! Cliff refers to it as a “minor update” and you can see the Release Notes below for the details. One of the items is “Reduced CPU usage,” and we...
Axe-Edit 3.3.1 was released today with a bug fix for the Cab Manager. Please read our 3.3.0 article for more detail on this latest version of Axe-Edit. Release Notes Bug Fix: Fixed a bug in Axe-Manage Cabs and Axe-Manage Presets that prevented a renamed cab or...
Here it is: Quantum Firmware 1.00. As mentioned before in our Public Beta article, the Firmware Number cycle has been reset from 19 and we’re back at 1.00! Axe-Edit was updated earlier today (3.3.0) as well and fully supports all the new functions of Quantum FW...
UPDATE – 3.3.1 was released on Sept 18 with a quick bug fix for the Cab Manager. Details of 3.3.0 below still apply. Axe-Edit 3.3.0 was released today. The main features are full support for Quantum Firmware 1.00, and a redesigned layout for the Amp and Cab...
Frequently Asked Questions
- Amps and Cabs Used in Factory Presets (18.03 Presets)
- Axe-Fx II – CPU Usage of All Blocks & Types – QFW 1.00 vs QFW 1.01
- Axe-FX II Version 9.00 – Scenes Explained
- Backup, Install, and Rollback Firmware on the Axe-Fx II
- Creating a Volume Boost with the Axe-FX II and MFC-101
- Ethernet vs etherCON – Cat 5 vs Cat 5e vs Cat 6
- Global Blocks – Axe-Fx II
- Importing Block files into FAS Gear and Saving Presets as Block files to share among Devices (Axe-Fx II, AX8, FX8)
- LFO Bypass Reset – New Parameter, Quick Video
- Preset Makes No Sound – What Do I Do?
- Presets, XY Switching, and Scenes in the Axe-Fx II – In-Depth 1 hour Premium Tutorial
- Scene Controllers in the Axe-FX II – Basics
- Setting the Input Level – Axe-FX II
- USB Playback is very quiet or silent after updating Firmware to 18.01 or higher
- What is the difference between the Axe-Fx II (Mark I) and the Axe-Fx II Mark II?
- What is the difference between the Axe-Fx II and the Axe-Fx II XL?
- Where can I find details about the _____ feature in the Axe-Fx?
- Why are my Axe-Fx Clip Lights turning on? What is Clipping?
- Why does it say “Excess CPU Usage!”? Why is there a crackling noise too?