FX8-Edit 1.4.2 was released today with a new feature and many bug fixes. Be sure to read our FX8 FW 3.60 article for more details on an important change between Hardware and Edit.
Note that 1.4.2 requires AX8 Firmware Quantum 3.60 or newer.
Download the latest version on the Fractal Audio website: http://www.fractalaudio.com/fx-8-edit.php
- Removed restriction from “Preset Footswitches” and “Global Footswitches” to allow the same block to be reused in the grid. This allows for the same block to be both a Momentary footswitch as well as a Latching footswitch.
- Removed the command “Change to the FX8 FS screen” from the Tools menu. Removed Preferences option “Change the FX8 to the FS page when pausing communications.”. These features are no longer needed with the changes for firmware 3.60.
- Fixed a bug in the Block menu “All Scenes” in which any of the actions (Bypass, Engage, Set to X, Set to Y) would return the device to scene 1 upon completion but leave the editor at the last selected scene. Now both the device and the editor are returned to the last selected scene upon the completion of an “All Scenes” action.
- Added missing Drive parameter to Multi-Delay type Plex Delay.
- Modified the Phaser’s “Bulb Bias” parameter to show or hide based on the selection of the Phaser’s Mode parameter (it was incorrectly showing/hiding based on the Phaser’s Type).
- Corrected “Export Preset to CSV” such that only the blocks that are currently in the preset are exported (including the Input/Output Gates, and Controllers). The previous version would incorrectly export blocks that were deleted from the preset during an editing session.
- Removed the “LFO1 Master” parameter from the Multi-Delay type “Quad Tape Dly”. This parameter appeared in the editor but not on the device.
You can support him and AFT.com with a donation to our StreamJar page: http://streamjar.tv/donate/axefxtutorials